Friday, January 2, 2009

Bad Luck Chuck

I have now Christened (is the spelling right?) myself as Chuck... short for Bad Luck Chuck.
I was hoping my bad luck streak would STOP when 2008 was over, but having a dream about being hunted by a three-headed ghost who was out to take my life on the day of New Year's Eve should have served as a sign that bad luck was yet to come.

And it did, today, january 02, 2009... HAPPY NEW YEAR! O_o YAHOO!!! I got hit by a car behind me... and we weren't even moving, because our way was on halt since cars were crossing. I wasn't even moving...i was on neutral and then BAM! My world actually stopped for like a minute, as i threw life a question: "Was that really my car?"

And what made things even more bad luck-er (i'm making a new word...bad lucker)was that i wasn't even using my car...it was my sister's car :( she was having her own adventure in rockwell (*wink*) and so i didn't want to drive my car 'coz mine was a manual, and i wasn't in the mood to drive so i decided to take one of our automatic cars; thus, i asked my dad (In a mafia type of voice): "Lend me ate's car, or YOUR car" lol!

so anyway, yea, i ended up with my sister's car...i just hate it, you know...'coz it was so stupid. the whole road was on a stop, i knew the guy behind me stopped at first too... coz like i think he hit me when the cars crossing were probably around half of those who wanted to cross--of course im just estimating, since when i heard the bam, the world stopped. Coz i was just there stopped innocently on my way to starbucks in a noble attempt to study for physiology, and then after a few moments, BAM! :(

Did you know that on the 18th of December i had my wallet stolen in Shang? And then when we were about to exit we were caught in this mess because the staff in the parking lot didn't know that we were exempted from paying?
And then on the 19th of December, well it was a bittersweet day... some good parts, some parts were annoying...i just wanted to sleep and have fun on the 20th of december.
But on the 20th of December, i asked bia if she can bring me home, and then when we were just INCHES away from the parking of starbucks libis where my sister was at, a car pops out of nowhere...speeding...and then hit her car?
And while the image of what happened to Bia is still clearly etched in my head, i get HIT... on January 02, 2009, the first day i drove again coz i have a license already...a NEW license in which i look so ugly and fat in (poor attempt in humor), and since what hit me was an FX, we had to deal with our own damage.

these are just the bad luck things happening from late december to january 02... i haven't included the whole medical school 1st academic semester and other things happening...

I'm not really exaggerating... i guess it's easy to see the happy parts of one's life when you're not the one in it. I don't really like dwelling on the wrong things that happen, but i just can't help it, because last 2008, everything just seemed back-back-back-back-back-back-back-back-back-back-back-back-back-back-.... my personal (and academic life) life is faltering...NoOoOoOoOOooOOOOOooO! >.<

That's why, to just add humor to the sour things happening, plus to commemorate these events, which i am sure, in the future i'd be laughing about, i will first change my name to Chuck.

Hello, i'm Chuck, how do you do?

-----------------------
The other thing i learned today is that when people are in an accident, other drivers cause traffic because they look at what's happening. This usually happens a lot in Marcos Hi-way...i remember i kept on beeping at the car in front of me, coz it wouldn't go, coz they were looking at the jeep that was upside down... you can look, but i hope people won't make a farce out of it... out of respect for those involved in the accident. i mean they're stressed enough i'm sure, and maybe it's just me, but it's kind of disrespectful when you make "usyoso"... coz it takes long, and afterwards people would be like making their own assumptions: "oh that driver was stupid" blah blah

A while ago, i had an FX driver eye me badly...and he was pointing at me while staring daggers. i guess it's because i didn't let his fellow FX driver go (i got hit by an FX). I was annoyed by the whole thing so i also eyed him badly and raised my eyebrow...hahah i wasn't myself, really. i was so masungit and bitchy because i've just really had it with these car accidents! I mean at the end of the day, i didn't even want to drive anymore!

Then there was also these bunch of guys, they were looking at me and on the fx driver and they were laughing. we moved our cars to this parking lot kasi so they didn't see the exact scenario... but one of them was laughing when they looked at me again..." babae kasi eh"... i hate testosterone-overdosed boys! But i'll just let it slide... at least i have a car and not hitching at the backseat of a friend's small car with 4 other boys and no airconditioning. >=) evil laugh

that's my attempt to draw a devil: >=).

i'm not really a devil. i just don't like testosterone-overdosed boys. they're so cocky and arrogant and chauvinistic. Women deserve better respect than what those type of boys give. Fine, men have a better spatial ability than women, thus better driving skills, but that doesn't really mean that when there is a girl on the road they'd gang-up on her or whatever. i've always dared myself to be a good driver because i don't want to be stereotyped, and i wanted to show people that girls can drive too.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
anyway, accidents happen...and unfortunately for me, it just occured at a time when all the other accidents just happened. but that's life... no one is really exempted from experiencing anything unfortunate or what. i guess what's important is that we still dare to continue walking the path of life with a smile.

okay...that was my pathetic attempt for a conclusion... -_-

Chuck

No comments: